Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Seriously, you're reading this??

Greetings and salutations,

Welcome to my blog. Oddly enough, I don't read other people's blogs, but somehow I expect people to read mine.

Anyway, here's a quick introduction.

I'm a 26-year old married journalist.

Obviously, if you read reguarly, you'll learn more.

Anyway, before I begin, I should probably introduce you to some of the random people you're sure to encounter.

Yes Dear - My loving wife.

Official Brother - One of my two brothers. So named because when I write my newspaper columns, I refer to him as Official Brother. Despite the fact that we live in south Georgia, he's a fan of both the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots. Sure, this may seem weird, and you're right, it is. He's currently dating The Girlfriend, so don't get confused if I talk about her, I'm not refering to any girlfriend of mine.

Other Brother - He was off at school when I started writing columns, so I never mentioned him, so he doesn't get a cool name. He'll survive. He's a bookworm who enjoys the last two minutes of any close sporting event, so Official Brother and I make fun of him.

The Girlfriend - Generally seen with Official Brother, she's nice, and oddly enough, lives about a 3-iron away from me and Yes Dear. Despite the proximity, she never visits without Official Brother.

Parental Unit - Despite the fact that both my parents still are married to each other, I haven't been able to come up with separate names for them, so whenever I refer to either of them, they're Parental Unit. Don't worry, pronowns will be used to help you determine which is which.

Chief (also Chief Bossman) - My editor. He scares me because he has the power to fire me at the drop of a hat (which is why I don't wear hats around him, for fear of the dropping and the ensuing firings). He's a nice enough guy.

Coworkers #'s 1-8 - Any of the eight crazy people in the news department from time to time. There personalities range from normal to slightly off-kilter to downright strange. Really and endless source of entertainment.

In general, this is the cast of characters in my little part of the stage of life.

In my CD player: U2 - How to dismantle an atomic bomb
What I'm watching tonight: One of Yes Dear's two favorite shows, The Bachelorette
On Deck: Thoughts on Dave Thomas, the Energizer Bunny, and more about me.