Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dave Thomas, the Energizer Bunny and more . .

So Yes Dear and I sit down to watch her favorite TV show (The Bachelorette with Jen Schefft) and this commercial for Wendy's comes on.

Granted, a commercial during a TV show isn't that intersting, but in this particular commercial, Wendy's was promoting their new Combo choice in which you can substitute a baked potato or other side item for your french fries. This is a good idea and long overdue, but near the end of the commercial, the voice-over guy says something along the lines of "We offer choices because that's something (Wendy's founder) Dave Thomas belived in. I find this hard to believe since Dave's been dead for several years now.

Speaking of commercials, Parental Unit has an outlook on advertising that I've adopted. Normally, advertisers try to sell you something through their commercial. However, if they develop a commercial that is over-the-top annoying, then she won't buy it. The Energizer Bunny, for example. Parental Unit refuses to buy Energizers because she hate's the bunny. It's only Duracell for her. She also refuses to by Charmin and a few other products.

Anyway, a little more about me. I've been married for about a year and a half now. My key fit the lock when I got home from work, so I take that as a sign things are still going well.

In my Playstation2: Madden NFL 2005
What I'm watching tonight: The Terminal starring Tom Hanks
On deck: Thoughts on Law & Order.