Friday, July 21, 2006

Is there anybody out there

Hey everyone. Remember me?

I'm the guy who left his blog alone for a month and now hopes people are actually going to still be reading him. (I feel like Scott.)

A lot has happened since I last wrote to you. I got a promotion at work, Yes Dear and I found out we're going to be having a baby and the Cubs went on their longest winning streak of the year (three games.)

Sadly, only one of those three above is correct . . . I'll give you a minute to try to guess . . .

nope, not that one.

Nope, not that one either.

Yep, that's it. The correct answer is that the Cubs went on their longest winning streak of the year, a whopping three games. (And just to clairfy for any of the slower readers out there . . . I didn't get a promotion at work, *edited to ensure I don't get demoted or fired*, and Yes Dear and I aren't having a child anytime soon - and by anytime soon, I mean within the next nine months at least, at with her out of town for 5 days, let's say nine months and five days at the earliest.)

I am working on a new column coming up soon (hopefully before Wednesday because I'll be on vacation from Wednesday though the following Monday, and I can guaruntee you no work is going to get done unless our mayor is assassinated by either another council member or our city manager.) It'll hopefully mix the obvious jokes and lack of insight you've become accustomed to reading.

(Again, just to clairfy, I'm not wishing our mayor to be murdered. I like our mayor and hope he doesn't die.)

I know what few remaining readers out there are probably wondering about the Fighting Squirrels and their quest to make the baseball playoffs. (And more accurately, you're wondering what happened to the fantasy updates with pictures of attractive women who are there for eye candy and really have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.)

Well, here's a photo of Sarah Alexander, star of BBC's Coupling for no reason. I'll give you a fantasy update in a little while, but I figured this is what you really wanted.

Speaking of Coupling, I know it's a few years old, but if you ever get the chance to catch the show on BBC America or can find them on Netflix or at your local video store, I recommend you giving it a shot. I find the writing to be spectacular, plus Sarah Alexander is in it, so if you don't like it, you can always watch her. It's really a no-lose proposition.

Ok, it's later, here's how the Fighting Squirrels are doing. In one league, we remain in first place, currently with a 7.5 game lead over second place. Assuming all our players don't come down with the Bird Flu, I'll make the playoffs. In my other league, I'm in a dogfight (rodentfight?) to make the playoffs. Currently, I'm in sixth place out of eight. Fortunately, that is in the playoffs. Unfortunately, it's the last playoff spot, so I would really like to get into fifth or fourth and feel more secure. (And really, who doesn't want to feel more secure in life?)

I can't promise to be back into a regular writing schedule anytime soon (especially with vacation coming up), but I will try to get back to writing something, anything on a semi-regular basis.

Hope all is well and I'll see you around soon.