Saturday, April 02, 2005

The beginnings of the Steel Rabbits

I've had the same name for my fantasy sports team for the past four years. That name? The Steel Rabbits.

What rabbits made of steel lack in ferociousness, they more than make up for in absurdity.

I'm often asked the origin's of such a team name and rather than try to explain it with some long, overblown answer, I'll just say that some things strike me as funny. This was one of those things.

Official Brother's first fantasy sports name was the Statesboro Lobsters. He's since chosen to showcase his creativity in such names as the Watersmeet Nimrods, the Anchorage Nimrods (they relocated after failing to get a new stadium deal) and this year's incarnation, the Random City Mascots.

Let's just say we're not the coldest beer in the fridge.

On Deck: A look at my two fantasy baseball teams, both named, yep, the Steel Rabbits