Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Just a few things I've been wondering

I was watching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony the other night, and The Edge (perhaps the coolest rock & roll name of all time) was talking about U2's goal. He said their goal for the band was "Above all else ,what U2 have tried to avoid over the last twenty years is not being completely crap."
First of all, they've definitely succeeded in not being crap. In fact, I'd say The Joshua Tree is probably the best album from beginning to end that I own. That probably deserves its own blog entry. Secondly, I've adopted the goal of not being completely crap for all my writings. I've got no idea if I'm succeeding, but if I don't, I can always refer back to U2's Zooropa tour and know that U2 didn't succeed all the time either.

After watching American Idol, I've come to the conclusion that Paula Abdul is on some sort of anti-depressant medication. In the three year's I've been watching the show (I skipped season one), I don't think she's ever been as disgustingly upbeat as she was in tonight's episode. No one is that happy without drugs or alcohol, or both.

I'm currently doing a draft for my fantasy baseball team on the leagues messageboard. We started more than two weeks ago and it's still going on. I know they say Rome wasn't built in a day, but it may have been built faster than this draft is taking.

(By the way, coming soon is my analysis of both my fantasy baseball teams, you'll surely not want to miss that.)

It seems that Eddie has begun compliling a list of 100 things about himself, and he's pressuring me to do it as well. As he said on his blog, there's not 100 things about me that I could think of, much less interesting enough that people might actually care to read them.

Am I the only one who wishes Steve Carell was back on The Daily Show?