Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Seeing a glimmer of hope

I'm beginning to realize I spend WAY to much time discussing Law & Order on this blog of mine. From TNT3 to my early ill-fated countdown of the best Law & Order characters (in case you're curious, my top four are 1. Mike Logan; 2. Jack McCoy 3. Adam Schiff; 4. Lenny Briscoe), I've probably spent several hours writing about the show in one form or another.

Well, you'll have to suffer through a couple more.

I was reminded a few weeks ago that my uncle works on the set of Law & Order:SVU. Granted, it's not the original (and still the best), but SVU is probably the second-best of the series.

Anyway, the discovery of my uncle's employment with L&O:SVU renewed my hope of one day being an extra on the show. I'm not looking for something big like being one of the dead bodies or anything like that. No, I've set my sights much lower. I want to be one of the courtroom extras that sit in the back of the courtroom. I'm not even asking to be on the prosecutor's side so I could be in the same frame as Sam Waterston (though I wouldn't mind that, but beggars can't be choosers).

However, since the chances of me landing a role on Law & Order are about as good as me landing a date with Catherine Zeta-Jones, I've set my aim at something that may actually be attainable.

I've asked my uncle to get me autographs from B. D. Wong , Ice-T and Richard Belzer. Sure I'd like Mariska Hargitay and Dann Florek's autograph, but as I said earlier, beggars can't be choosers. (On a side note, Mariska Hargitay and I share a birthday. Sure, she's 15 years older than me, but it's a connection, nonetheless.)

Besides, Official Brother wants to be a psychiatrist, and what better way to taunt him than to get the autograph of an actor that plays a psychiatrist on TV.

Rest assured, if the autographs come my way, I'll be sure to let you know about it.

On Deck: Four more things you may not have known about me.