Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Just a few things I've been wondering

How in the world did all the children of Debora and Ray Barone (Everybody Love's Raymond) end up blonde when both the parents have brown hair? If I were Ray, I think I'd have a few questions for my wife.

Am I the only one who wants to shout "NO, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND JUST AND HOLY, DON'T RENT THAT MOVIE" when you overhear people contemplating renting a movie you know is dreadful?

When grocery shopping, do you feel like you get to know the people that are criss-crossing your path as you go up and down the aisles? You know what kind of snacks they eat, their beverages of choice and what they plan on having for dinner each of the next few days. After a few times passing each other, you start acknowldeging their existance and by the end, you're looking in their cart to see if you forgot anything you needed. It really symbolizes the kinship of all living things.

Now that NBC is unveiling another soon-to-be-wildly-successful Law & Order, we're that much closer to an all Law & Order, all the time channel. In fact, when I'm put in charge of TNT3, that'll be the format, except for roundtable discussions debating who the hottest assistant district attorney was featuring me and my friends. (Early frontrunner, Stephanie March, with Angie Harmon and Jill Hennessy as stong contenders)

Is a person's cell phone ring the equivilent of the song played just before a baseball player takes his turn at the plate?