Saturday, January 29, 2005

Stuck in a state of confusion

So my beloved Chicago Cubs just traded the face of the team for the past decade, Sammy Sosa. I really don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, he had to go. Leaving early from the team's last game in 2004 as well as his constant bickering with manager Dusty Baker meant something had to happen. Add to that the fact that he hasn't spoken with anyone in the Cubs organization since he left and I understand the reasoning behind getting him out of Chicago.

On the other hand, he was the Cubs from 1998-2004. He led them to the playoffs twice in that span, set all kinds of homerun records and, for the most part, was the model player, always playing hard and seeming enjoying himself.

I'm sure many Cubs fans, including myself, will look to Nomar Garciaparra to become the face of the Cubs, which is extremely ironic considering Nomar was the face of the Red Sox until he and the organization had a falling out in the winter of 2003 and he was traded in July 2004 to the Cubs.

Hopefully I can figure this out soon, but as of now, I miss Sammy Sosa.