Sunday, February 12, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Yes Dear and I are taking the plunge.

No, not the Nestea plunge (though that always looked relaxing). Instead, after nearly three years of living in our two-bedroom apartment that is becoming increasingly cramped, we've begun the process of getting a house.

After spening several months looking around (and being in limbo waiting to find out if she'd get the job at Georgia Southern, we settled on a three bedroom, two bath home in a new subdivision here in town. It's also got a one-car garage and a den that Yes Dear is graciously letting me have as a sports room. (i.e., it's the only room I get to decorate.)

It won't be ready until the end of May, so we've still got 3.5 months where we are now, but Yes Dear is enjoying driving by the site (it's a little more than a mile from where she works) and watching the progress. She came home one afternoon and exclaimed "we've got plumbing."

Yesterday, she came home and informed me we had a slab of concrete down, so slowly but surely our house is going up.

I guess this means we'll be part of the American Dream of owning a home. I'm just excited to get out of our apartment.