Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Anyone for an update?

Hey everybody

(Hi Dr. Nick.)

I’ve unfortunately been busy the last few days and therefore, blogging fell by the wayside. Sadly, I’m still a little stressed, so it’s an update day here at the Nexus.

Fantasy Update: VH1 host Rachel Perry hasn’t left her job to become my personal assistant yet, but I’m still hoping this whole VH1 channel is a fad that will go under. In other fantasy news, the Fighting Squirrels rebounded to have a decent week in both leagues. I’m in second in one league and sixth (and final playoff spot) in the other. We’re getting close to the playoffs, so it’s almost go time.
Also, I was in the first of my two fantasy drafts Monday night. It was a 12-team league, making it slim pickings when it came to the end of the draft. Nevertheless, I’m pleased right now with my roster, but then again, everyone is at the end of the draft. We’ll see by week four how things are going for me.

Big Brother Update: Well, my favorite, Kayser, was voted out a few weeks ago, and now it appears as if James, the guy who wears the Georgia Southern stuff all the time, is likely heading out the door Thursday. That said, Dr. Will is playing a perfect game, keeping the target off him and yet backstabbing his alliances at just the perfect time.

Cubs update: We still suck.

General Baseball update: With the Cubs season all but over and injuries pretty much leaving only two guys on the team I’m excited about seeing play, I’ve started watching more and more games from teams in the playoff hunt. I’ve unofficially adopted the Minnesota Twins as my team to cheer for down the stretch.

House update: Two rooms painted (the kitchen and guest bathroom) and six more to go. The grass in our front yard still looks bad, and despite not doing anything to our back yard, the grass is coming in nicely.

Exercise Bike Update: My wife got an exercise bike, which should help my quest to lose weight. Now if I could just stay away from the candy here in the office, I’ll be good.

You must try this update: If you haven’t gone to Chic-Fil-A for one of their milkshakes yet, stop reading this and do it now. It’ll be worth every penny. I promise. (Warning: They are addictive. Don’t blame me if you can’t stop ordering them.)

Fark Update: I got my first greenlight (which means I submitted a link and it was accepted and posted on the site) last week. There are people who have been Fark members for years without a greenlight. Good times for me.

Next Post Update: Maybe Friday, maybe over the weekend. Maybe Monday. Let’s not commit to anything, we don’t want to be Scott.

Until next time, take care of yourself, and each other.