Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No rest for the weary

I’m kind of burnt out from work right now and don’t feel like writing, but I know you are all dying to know how things are at the Nexus of the Universe, so here you go.

Fantasy update: Jessica Simpson still hasn’t called me to talk about her breakup with Nick, despite my offer to listen and try to comfort her during this trying an emotional time. (Sure, she’s dumber than a sack of rocks, but it’s called “Fantasy Update,” not “Who I would like to discus Voltaire with Update.” I don’t judge the regular features on your blog, so leave me alone.) In other fantasy news, the Steel Rabbits had a pretty good week, going 8-6-1 in one league to remain in first place while going 10-5-1 in the other league to remain in second place. It’s still way to early to start planning the celebration, but I’ve inquired about parade permits from the police chief.

Cubs update: Despite being killed today, the Cubs are 14-11 and treading water until Kerry Wood and Mark Prior come back. We really miss Derrek Lee.

House Update: We’re scheduled to close on our house at the end of the month. We went by on Saturday to see it and we’ve got cabinets up. We’ve still got no cable hook up in our den and a smoke alarm directly over our television should go, but otherwise, things appear to be proceeding nicely. What impact will this have on you? Probably none, but the fact that the Nexus of the Universe is actually moving about five miles probably will have a seismic impact for scientists everywhere.

Weekend update: Friday after I got off work, I went to a friend’s house 90 minutes away for a game of Risk (the game of global domination) with some friends from college. I got screwed from the start and was never really in the game. I did manage to survive longer than one other person and finished fifth. However, I didn’t get home until 2 a.m. Normally this wouldn’t be bad, but I had to work Saturday morning because it was Yes Dear’s birthday. We ended up going to Savannah and walking down River Street with some friends. Sunday I worked early again so I could go to a church picnic and take part in one of the two softball games I play each year (I went 3-3 with a single, triple and home run for those of you scoring at home, or even if you’re by yourself.) I had to work again Sunday night and was completely exhausted and not feeling well when I showed up for work Monday.

Thanks for stopping by. Please remember the gift shop on your way out.