Friday, November 24, 2006

Were you the winner?

If you had November 22, 2006 in the "Luke loses his wedding ring" pool, please step forward to claim your prize.

That's right, after a little more than three years of marriage, my wedding ring is now lost, most likely never to be seen again.

My ring has always been a little big for my finger, so I could slide it off fairly easily (not that I did it often, but sometimes I'd be bored at work and flip it like a coin or something else to pass the time waiting for a phone call.)

But in the past month, I've noticed it would come off my finger really easily. It would catch my attention as it passed over the knuckle and I'd secure it where it belonged.

Yes Dear jokingly asked why I didn't care about the symbol of her love that she gave me on our wedding day. She's also joked (I think) that I'm single now.

Since I've lost it, I've had a lot of people ask me where I lost the ring, as though I'd know the answer. If I knew where I lost it, I'd be able to find it.

It's like people who say they found what they find what they lost "in the last place I looked." Of course it's the last place you looked. Once you find it, you're not going to keep looking.