Thursday, April 14, 2005

Cleaning up the mess in my mind

Ideas are stewn about my mind like the bones after a chance encounter with a killer rabbit. Much like the rabbit, the only way to fix it is with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. I pulled the pin and here's what came out:

I cheered for the Red Sox to win the World Series last year, but dear God, let it go now. How long is the media oversaturation going to continue? (I say that, but if the Cubs win the series in my lifetime, I'd want the party to never end)

Does the Burger King guy in their new commercials freak anyone else out, or is it just me?

Gary Sheffield should be suspended, but I don't fault him for what he did.

Is there a worse time to work than when you know it's absolutely gorgeous outside? It's even worse if you have windows and can see what you're missing. Fortunately for me, I work in a hole in the wall, so I can't see anything.

Hearing about Wednesday's Law & Order made me realize in need TiVo.

After seeing highlight's of Mark Prior pitching Wednesday, I'm feeling better about the Cubs season. . .

Then I only realize Prior only pitches once ever five games.

Who is in charge of Old Navy's marketing campaign and can we all agree they need to be shipped somewhere far, far away. They went from "Cheesy interesting" to "downright annoying to the point of boycott" in about five minutes.

How is it some women go from "kind of cute" to "downright hot" without changing anything about themselves? And more importantly, can I write about this as a married man?

Brittany Spears is pregnant. Just writing that makes me weep for society.