Saturday, April 30, 2005

A non-update

It's been quite a few days since I've updated. I'd like to say I had a great excuse like I was finishing the Great American Novel or I'd spent the past few days in a state of nirvana. I'd like to say that, but it would be a bold faced lie. (Acutally, it would be a plain faced lie as I wasn't using the bold font, but let's not quibble over details. I haven't updated, you've felt neglected, I've promised to try harder and you forgave me, can't we move on now?)

Sadly, I've contracted a nice case of writers block and therefore I've been staring at this screen for 20 minutes and I'm only on the second paragraph.

It's a funny thing, writers block. For me, anyway, I'm paralyzed by the open page. It's like I'm expected to write something deeply profound (or, in my case, mildly amusing) and I go blank. Funny things happen to me. I recall thinking "I need to write a blog entry about that." And when I sit down to write, I get nothing.

It's as though someone turned off the faucet in my mind and nothing's coming out. (And anyone who knows me knows it would only take a quarter-turn to shut my mind off.)

And yet, here I sit, writing about nothing as though you, the valued reader, were wondering my thoughts about nothing.

Hopefully next time I'll actually be able to write something meaningful, or at least entertaining.

Stolen Car Update:

DC Brother's car was recovered sometime on Friday. The windows were broken, all his personal belongings were stolen. (CDs, books - seriously, who steals books? There's a library that will give you books and all you have to do is return them. There's no need to steal.)

Anyway, after my last entry, I learned the full story of the stolen car. It appears that when DC Brother went to leave work, he found his car gone. He called the police and gave them the information, including the license plate and all that good stuff.

Well, when the police ran the plate number, they found the plates were expired. When the policeman informed DC Brother of this, my brother responded "I don't suppose you're going to give me a ticket, are you?" (He didn't.)

Fantasy Baseball Update:

Well, I went with the name change. The Steel Rabbits are no more. Now, I'm the proud owner, general manager, custodian, assistant to the traveling secrtary and bus driver of the Fighting Squirrels. I'll go more in depth about the Fighting Squirrels in my Weekend Update on Monday.