Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Tuesday evening riff . . .

Usually I plan on updating every Monday night for a quick weekend recap/random thoughts/Steel Rabbits update. However, a conference championship game in Madden 2005 and a Cubs game on the Internet prevented me from achieving my goal, so what you're getting is a day late and a dollar short.

It was a rough week for the Steel Rabbits. In the PPUMCFBL (That's Pittman Park United Methodist Church Fantasy Baseball League) the Rabbits of Steel went 6-10-1, dropping us to 5th place out of eight. In my other league, "The Boro" (comprised of myself, six guys I went to college with and Official Brother), the Steel Rabbits completed a disasterous 1-9-2 week to drop us from second to sixth. The injury to Nomar (see a few posts down) is going to kill me. I took him in the fourth round and kind of reached to get him at that point.

The Cubs lost tonight 11-9. Seriously, what was I thinking at the beginning of the season predicting 90 wins? Not only was I way off base, I don't even think I was in the right sport.

I went to Charleston Friday night so my wife could go to a baby shower on Saturday. I spent all day watching the NFL draft and playing PS2. I don't know about the rest of Yes Dear's family, but a good time was had by me.

Speaking of PS2, I claimed the Super Bowl today with the Green Bay Packers with a 34-10 win over the Baltimore Ravens. Saddly, that was the most productive thing I did on Tuesday.

I hate to admit this, but I've actually watched the first three weeks of ESPN's Battle of the Gridiron Stars. I don't know which is worse, admitting that I've watched it or the fact that television executives can't find any better programming to put on a Tuesday night.

On a disturbing note, DC Brother (so named b/c he recently moved back to DC) had his car stolen while he was at work Tuesday. Not good times. If there's any positive in the search to find it, the tag is expired, so there's a chance it may turn up in a random police stop.