Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'm back baby!

Alright, so I took a month off from blogging. Not good on my part, I'll admit it. I got into a little funk and didn't really feel like writing (by the way, when you're a professional writer and you don't feel like writing, well, lets just say that makes for some very not good times at work.)

Anyway, in the words of George Costanza, "I'm back baby."


George always had a way of making an entrance

I'm not going to promise you nightly updates (nor would you want them,) but I will do my best to update this thingy three times a week, most likely on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's (that's the goal anyway, we'll see how it goes.) By the way, I'm not expecting tonight's entry to be all that great, but I'm working my way back into the swing of things, give me a couple days.

Wine Tasting:
So Yes Dear and I were invited to a wine tasting tonight with some of her coworkers (I was told it was a very selective party by invite only, but how selective could it be, they let me come).

Anyway, inviting me to a wine tasting is like inviting a diabetic to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. I don't drink. I've got nothing against people who do. In fact, our crime reporter essentially makes her living off the fact that people like to imbibe a bit of the alcohol from time to time.

A lot of people assume there's some religious reason for my lack of alcohol consumption, but that's not the case. Heck, Jesus didn't mind turning water into wine, so I don't know why the religious right has a problem with it. No, I don't drink because of my personality.

I've come to discover that I've got an addictive personality, especially with new things. Yes Dear was on the verge of taking a hammer to my PS2 right after the new Madden 2005 came out last year. Anytime she asked me to do something, the answer was invariably "after this game." When I first started blogging, you probably noticed there were almost daily updates. I couldn't get enough of it.

Which brings me back to alcohol. I'm scared that if I like it (which I have no doubt I'd find something I liked), I'd end up drinking a bit to much. (alright, I'd end up like a drunken sailor in my boxers running in the street and making chicken noises at passing cars . . . or as Scott call it, "Thursday.")

So basically, I enjoyed my Coke from Chick-Fil-A and watched as people enjoyed their wine (some more than others, which always makes for a good time.) I think someone may have been slipping some wine to the dogs there, as by the end of the night, one of them started feeling a little frisky, much to the dismay of the other dog. (Oh yeah, they're both male dogs . . . but it did lead to an interesting story about those two and the neighbor's female dog and their habit of having a three-way in the neighbor's lawn. I had no idea dogs liked oral sex until tonight.)

What I'm watching: The Cubbies
What I'm reading: www.landoverbaptist.org (this site deserves it's own column, coming soon.)
On Deck: A week after Mark Prior's injury, I'm finally ready to talk about it.