Monday, June 13, 2005

My first and last political post

First of all, you may have noticed that the comments have all disappeared. That's because late Saturday night, I decided to add halo scan to my blog, which basically creates a pop up box for comments. Unfortunately, but adding halo scan, it erased all the previous messages on my blog up to that point. Rest assured, I did read them all and apprecite you taking the time to visit my little wall space of cyber space (I don't have a corner because the corners only go to the higher ups, as a lowly blogger, I don't have a corner office yet). Several of the other blogs I read have it, so I figured I'd jump on board with them.

Now, on with the show.

I'm not an overly political person. One of my brothers is a die-hard Decmocrat while my other brother thinks our current president is the greatest politician since George Washington. (Here I'd like to offer an appology to my Canadian readers, the following is going to be about American politics. You may or may not be interested, but if you're not, feel free to skip ahead to the Weekend Update)

I, on the other hand, feel like baby bear (from Goldilocks and the three bears). I'm right in the middle and basically feel the need to vote against all the incumbents all the time. It's frustrating to no end to have America's two major political parties hijacked by the lunatic fringe and see both parties cater to their extremes until election time roles around.

Speaking of elections, I feel like I need to take a shower after each election commercial I see. Each one is worse than the previous one with no candidate actually saying what they'd do to make this country any better. They spend all their time telling me why the other candidate would make the country worse.

No wonder people are distrustful of politicians. They all protray themselves as the lesser of two evils.


I often wonder if the "Christian Right" knows what a Christian is.
(Sorry about the size, click on the picture and it magically becomes bigger)

Oh well. I guess frustration is all I get for paying attention. At least now I know both parties are looking out for themselves and how they can consolidate and keep power and are not worried about average Joe Citizen like me.

Weekend Update: Yes Dear came home from here three-day workshop Friday night, so we went out to dinner and rented "Meet the Fockers" (A solid 'B', nothing spectacular, but not a bad movie.) Saturday saw me have to work in the morning, followed by a full day of baseball watching, interruped only by the Belmont. Sunday saw church in the morning followed by more work and then an afternoon of laundry. Yep, I have all the excitement.

Fantasy Update: Mila Kunis still hasn't returned my calls, but in other Fantasy news, the Fighting Squirrels had a decent week, going 10-7 in one league to stay in sixth place while falling 3-7-2 to fall to a tie for fifth place.

Useless fact that may interst only me: Bozo the Clown's grandson was drafted in the Major League Baseball Draft with the 37th overall pick. Those giant red shoes should help on close plays.

On Deck: My Wednesday Rant on either the Michael Jackson case (and it has nothing to do with the verdict) or my air conditioner, which is out again!