Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday Monday

You'd think after taking five days off from blogging I'd have something worth writing about. Well, if you've ever read anything on here, you've probably noticed I rarely have anything worth writing about, but I write anyway.

I'd planned on bashing the advertising industry for their lust of seeing every available square inch (or centimeter, as the case may be) of usable space taken up by advertising, and still may write about it one day. But after a rough few days, I figure I'd just give you an update so you know I'm not dead.

Health Update: I'm not dead. Nor is Yes Dear, though she may have a kidney infection. She had immense back pains over the weekend and went to the doctor today. She goes back on Wednesday and will hopefully know what's going on then.

Car Update: One of the reason's I had such a crappy weekend is because our car somehow ended up with a cracked radiator which will cost us $200 we don't have right now. I guess it's better to have it happen now then when we head to Florida in two weeks, but it would have been even better if it didn't happen at all.

Wedding Update: Well, I went to the third of the four weddings I'm going to in July. It was nice, the reception was nice, though very, very long. You know, I honestly wasn't overly excited about having to go to my wedding (all the pomp and circumstance annoys me), so you can imagine my feelings when it comes to going to four in one month.

Weekend Update: A friend from college stayed with us Friday and Saturday nights. It was fun to see her again. Sunday I did laundry and dealt with the broken car as best I could (I have very little patience when things don't go according to plan, so it was not a good day on Sunday.)

Cubs Update: After losing eight straight, the Cubs have won seven out of eight to climb to within five games of the Wild Card.

Fantasy Update: The Fighting Squirrels had a mixed weekend, winning in one league while falling in the other. We're still in playoff contention, which is all that really matters as you only need three good weeks at the end of the year to win the title.

Work Update: Beginning in five weeks, I have to start working on Friday nights until the end of football season. I'm less than excited, but since coworkers who are higher up on the food chain that I am read this, I'm going to refrain from saying anymore.

On Deck: Probably something Cubs related, since I haven't done that in a while.
Next Update: Wednesday