Monday, August 08, 2005

Back in the saddle again

Hello all. After a brief and unexpected hiatus, I'm back and no better or worse than before. My appologies for being away for so long. For those who didn't read my comment on my last post, Yes Dear was on vacation two weeks ago and would rather I spend time with her than posting on my blog, especially since she's about to start her last semester of Grad School so I essentially won't see much of her from August 15 to December 9. Then, last week we celebrated our two year anniversary (can you believe I find someone who puts up with my randomness for two years?) Again, blogging lost out to time with the wife (not to mention a fun trip to St. Augustine, Fla.) so no postings last week.

But I'm back now, complete with stories to tell, adventures to recount and the other mundane tasks that make up my existance on this planet.

However, with this being my first post in about two weeks, I think it's only fair to give you an update about all the stuff that's gone on since I last posted.

Truck update: My truck is no more. Well, that's not exactly accurate. It is somewhere, probably a body shop being worked over like the hottie at the end of the bar. It was bittersweet to see it go. Afterall, that was the first vehicle I'd ever purchased completely on my own. Sure the air conditioner wasn't working great and the gas milage was terrible, but it was basically a rolling fortress protecting me from anything and everything in my path. Now, I'm the proud owner of a 1998 Nissan Altima.

Health update: Despite my truck's totaled condition, I was relativly unscathed from the incident. Unrelated to the accident, Yes Dear had been having some medical issues that are, as of now, still undetermined. Origionally the doctor thought he knew what it was and gave her some pills, but when she went back, there were still issues. So now she's having an ultrasound (and no, she's not pregnant) to hopefully pinpoint the problem and correct it. Fortunately she's not in pain anymore (my wife, I'm not sure about the doctor's level of pain), but she still has some discomfort from time to time. We should know more in the next two weeks. Stay tuned.

Trip update: As I mentioned earlier, Yes Dear and I went to St. Augustine, Fla. for three days to celebrate. We went to Ripley's Believe it or Not (I belive it), went on a carriage ride, a boat ride, toured the lighthouse there and the Castillo de San Marcos, a fort built in the 1600s that's still standing and has never been taken in battle. Overall, a very fun trip.

Fantasy Update: Angie Harmon may have called while I was on vacation, I'll never know as she didn't leave a message, but the Fighting Squirrels had a decent week, going 10-6-1 in one league while going 6-5-1 in the other. Both teams are in position to make the playoffs.

(Seriously, Law & Order hasn't been the same since Harmon left the show. Since her departure, Jack McCoy's assistants have been weak, offering nothing of substance and not much good acting. Come back Angie, for the sake of the show, come back!)

Work News: Many of you probably read Scott's blog (if you don't, check it out, but it is definatley PG-13 material), but he's the reason I have my current job. When the paper was looking for someone to fill a vacancy, Scott recommended me after I'd done some freelance stuff for them. Well, Scott's leaving after this week to persue his dream of writing a novel. (Actually, he's leaving to be a beer man, but that will give him more time to work on his novel.) I'm saddened to see him go, and if it means more work for me, then I'm even more sad to see him leave.

Posting update: Now that things are back to normal (both me and Yes Dear working a regular schedule), I'm hoping to get into a regular schedule of blogging again. Thanks for sticking with me and, as always, take care of yourself, and each other.

In my PS2: I got Yes Dear Sonic the Hedgehog Megastars (a collection of all the Sonic the Hedgehog games from the Sega Genesis) and she's been playing nonstop. I enjoy a game of Sonic as much as the next guy, but she's become addicted. As I was falling asleep last night, she was getting up to play again.
On Deck: The strangest game of "would you rather" I've ever heard in my life.