Monday, September 12, 2005

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right . . .

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

So Saturday night was the first home game of the 2005 football season for the Georgia Southern Eagles. Sadly, we lost 23-20 and now our fans are doing everything from saying the season's over to we need to fire the coach.

And while the loss was disappointing, the fans around me were totally clueless as to what to do at a football game. Granted, the majority were probably more than a little inebriated, but these fans were messing up the basics. For example, one side of the stadium yells "Georgia" and the other side, naturally, responds "Southern." Unfortunately, this concept was apparently more complex than they could handle as they would try to do both parts of the cheer.

We're not talking quantum physics here (or even Algebra 101). Simple, basic, fundamental stuff that should never, ever be an issue. Hopefully it'll get better. It can't get any worse.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm the students showed during the game, enthusiasm without direction is pointless.

Fantasy update: Even though Shania Twain wrote "Still the One" about me, she still hasn't worked up the courage to call me. In other fantasy news, the Fighting Squirrels baseball season has ended in one league, falling to Official Brother (and the clever nickname "Random City Mascots" 7-5. In my other league, the Squirrels were victorious 9-8 to advance to the semifinals.
In fantasy football, currently the Squirrels are trailing 45-37 in one league and 41-38 in the other. However, there's still a game to be played tonight . . . Which leads me to my new weekly feature here at the Nexus of the Universe . . .
What I'm hoping for tonight (that doesn't involve Yes Dear) Sadly, tonight I'm in a bit of a quandary. I need Terrell Owens to score several points in one league and yet lose several points in the other for me to win both leagues. Realistically, I'm hoping Owens does well and scores a touchdown, which would give me a better chance of winning at least one of my football leagues.

Cubs Update: In a perfect example of too little, too late, the Cubs have started playing really well. Unfortunately, they won't make the playoffs, but at least they're playing well.

Weekend update: As previously mentioned, I went to the Georgia Southern game Saturday night, but I watched some football Saturday afternoon, as well as some tennis. After church Sunday, I did the laundry and then watched football with a friend while Yes Dear had to go to work. In other words, I had 48 hours to do something productive and don't have anything to show for my two days.

Desperate Housewives Update: Less than two weeks until my favorite guilty pleasure comes back. Yes, I'll admit, I'm a guy and I really like the show. (I watched the season finale last night to get reacquainted with everything. There's so much going on with it that it'll take me a week or two to remember everything.

Big Brother 6 update: There's only four people left and I don't really like any of them. That said, I've put this much time into it, I feel like I need to watch until the end to see who wins.

Yes Dear Update: Her professor told her she could be completely done with all her thesis stuff by November, which would rock. I've forgotten what it's like when she's not totally consumed with her thesis.

On Deck: Who knows, I'll probably read a few other blogs and steal an idea from there.
Next Update: Wednesday