Monday, September 19, 2005

Head Games


Does anyone actually know if 'Foreigner' was actually comprised of foreigners?

(And now, for a few more random thoughts that rattle around my skull.)

Who is the genius that originally thought of paper cups?

Do you think the Salvation Army is jealous of the publicity the Red Cross is getting? (And should they break out their militant wing to gain some more street cred?)

Is there a less manly sentence in the English language than "Not right now, Desperate Housewives is on."

Is it wrong that I care more about my fantasy football team than any actual team?

Am I the only one who watches cars cross paths and think what the accident scene would look like?

Why has Mike Myers not been interviewed in regards to the Kanye West fiasco? How does Myers feel about black people?

When the band Barenaked Ladies first started performing, do you think people only coming because of the flyer were disappointed?

Is there any end to the heat in south Georgia? (Someone remind me of this one when I complain during the two weeks it's below freezing here)

If Rene Zellweger and Kenny Chesney can't make a marriage work, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Has anyone's career tanked faster than Brittany Spears after she married whatshisname? And on a related note, do you think every time Brittany makes a fool of herself, Justin Timberlake smiles to himself?

I think the word "Thesis" is Latin for "never seeing your significant other again."

There are absolutely no good Jill Hennessy wallpapers anywhere on the Internet. (and yes, that's a request for help)

Fantasy update: Anna Kornikova hasn't taken me up on my offer to play tennis yet. In other fantasy news, I was all set to write about the end of my fantasy baseball dreams after finding the Fighting Squirrels trailing 11-6 Sunday morning. However, when I woke up today, I'd won 9-7 to advance to the championship round. Also, in my other league, I claimed fifth place (or, as I refer to it as, fourth loser.) In football, the Fighting Squirrels are looking good in one league, winning 97-63 while we trail by five points in the other.
What I'm hoping for tonight (not involving Yes Dear) . . .I need a good night from Tiki (Torch) Barber of the New York Giants. One touchdown should give me the win for the week.

Weekend update: Yes Dear and I went to see a local production of "You're a good man, Charlie Brown" Saturday afternoon. (Bonus random thought . . . Why do people refer to Charlie Brown by both his first and last name? This is the one question that has haunted me about Peanuts for years.) Sunday I went to our church picnic where I played softball for the second (and final) time of the year. The first was at the spring picnic. By the way, I'm out of shape.

Cubs Update: At this point, the Cubs are fighting to finish at above .500. Suffice to say, my prediction of making the playoffs looks bleak, to put it kindly.

On Deck: Any suggestions?
Next update: Wednesday, if I don't get lazy.