Friday, September 30, 2005

Sick Love

I'll admit, I had to Google "song lyrics, sick" to come up with the title. My thanks to Motley Crew for having a song with "sick" in the title.

I had it all planned out. I'd cut back on posting and thereby, have time to make what posts I did make better, more concise and more well written.

That was the plan anyway.

Tuesday night I started to develop a sore throat. Wednesday I didn't make it in to work as the sore thought developed into a cough, which as of Friday morning still persists.

Unfortunately, there was so much going on at work that I had to go in on Thursday and I'll be there again tonight for Friday Night football. I do feel bad for our sports editor, as I sit at his desk on Friday night's to design the pages. Hopefully he won't get sick from all the germs that will inevitably be left at his desk.

I guess the only bright side to being sick is the fact that I get to take NyQuil. To me, it's the real wonder drug that works wonders.

I will work on a post for Monday.

Weekend plans: Do police beat Saturday and Sunday morning and do nothing else.

Cubs update: Well, we've got three games left. We're not going to reach my prediction of 90 wins. I guess it's time to say "Wait 'til next year."

Reading update: As you may know, I'm reading "Now I Can Die in Peace." However, the author is doing a book signing in Washington DC on Tuesday and, as luck would have it, DC Brother lives in Washington DC. I shipped the book to him earlier this week and he's graciously agreed to go stand in line to get some guy he's never heard of to sign a book he'll never read. I owe him one. Maybe if some author does a book signing in Statesboro, I'll wait in line for him.

One last thing: Congrats to fellow Statesboro Publishing Company employee Jake Hallman for reaching number one on the Google blog search rankings. It's good to see him reach his goal.

On Deck: What it's like to watch meaningless baseball in September.

Until next time, take care of yourself, and each other.